An All-Encompassing Guide to Perform Netgear Router Setup
In the 21st century, 99.9 percent of the people in the world have their lives tied up to technology. Whether it’s day or night, every task is performed online with the access to the internet. However, in the last few years, with the number of increasing online tasks, the demand to stay connected to a seamless internet connection has escalated too. Many people have reported that they are not satisfied with the performance of their existing home WiFi network.
If your internet-related needs are also not getting fulfilled because of the poor performance of your current WiFi network, it is recommended that you perform Netgear router setup. Installing a Netgear wireless router in your home will not just help you gain access to a super-fast internet connection but also convert dead zones of your house into fun zones.
Thus, continue reading this post and learn about two different ways through which you can perform Netgear router setup.
Netgear Router Setup Using Manual Method
In this method, you need to access the web user interface of your wireless device. So, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to set up a Netgear router using the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the power LED light become solid green.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
Note: Make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using is not worn out or damaged. Apart from that, ensure that the connection between your devices is not loose.
- Connect one end of the cable to the router and another to the modem.
- Turn on your PC.
- Open an internet browser according to your preference.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will come across the official login page of your Netgear router.
- Click the Log In button.
- Enter the default admin username and password and click Log In.
Note: If you are not certain regarding the default login credentials of your Netgear WiFi router, then it is recommended that you refer to the user manual.
- You will get redirected to the BASIC Home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
With that, you will successfully be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method. If you found this method a little difficult to implement, then it is advised that you opt for the next one.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
This setup method comes into play when the user is in no mood of a using a PC. Instead, they prefer using their mobile phones for the same process.
Follow the guidelines highlighted below and learn how to perform Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store if you are using an Android.
- Navigate to the Apple App Store if you are the owner of an iOS device.
- Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar.
- Tap the Search icon.
- A list will appear displaying some results.
- Select the Netgear Nighthawk app and tap the Download button.
- In a few seconds, the application will get installed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk app is getting installed. Doing so might disrupt the process.
- Launch the Nighthawk app.
- Create a Netgear account using the required details.
- Thereafter, log in to your router via the Netgear router login credentials.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts.
And you are done. In this manner, you will be able to finish the Netgear router setup process using the Nighthawk application.
Our guide to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method and the Nighthawk app has concluded here. We expect that after setting up your Netgear wireless router, you will easily be able to gain access to a blazing-fast internet connection on all your WiFi-enabled devices.
On the off chance, performing router setup is not satisfying your internet needs, consider bringing an extender home. Thereafter, perform Netgear extender setup.