Easy Steps to Stop Outlook from Synchronizing Folders ￼
Microsoft Outlook provides a number of characteristic features which synchronize emails, files, and folders when you start Outlook. This sync process may take half an hour to completely finish. The Outlook synchronization advantage helps users stay up-to-date while using multiple devices with one Outlook account. The synchronization process works great with fast processor devices, but it creates issues with old processors or low storage devices. Sometimes it causes your system to restart to stop the synchronization process, which destroys your working hours. So users wanted to stop Outlook from synchronizing folders automatically.
Approaches to Stop Outlook from Synchronizing Folders
Microsoft Outlook provides an option to turn off the auto-sync for folders in the mailbox. We are contributing two methods to stop folder synchronization. The proper guided steps are given below:
Method 1: Stop Outlook Mailbox Sync
Users need to perform some particular steps to stop folder sync.
- Launch the Outlook email client on your system.
- Open the show mailbox email folder.
- Just right-click on each of the emails.
- Now you can see the properties option. Press the enter key.
- The displayed check, which shows the automatically generated Microsoft views, Uncheck the check box and done.
After following the procedures above, Outlook’s email folder syncing functionality will be disabled. Users will receive a brief synchronization notification.
Method 2: Unsynchronized the Folder from Auto Sync by Disabling the Feature
Users can also remove the automatic folder syncing option in Microsoft Outlook. A quick guide is given below.
- Launch Outlook and wait for the entire file to load at once.
- Explore the Tools tab in the menu bar and select Options.
- Go to the Mail Setup tab and access the send and receive settings.
- Uncheck the item that says “Send Immediately When Connected.”
- Now choose the Send/Receive button and deselect “perform automatic send/receive when exiting.”
- To apply the new options, click OK at last.
Method 3: Tool Method for Extra Helpful Solution
This software is essential on your computer if you are using Outlook. It will support you in safeguarding all of your mail data. This Outlook recovery software is available for download for free! make sure your Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above is installed in your system. Free up your hard disk by 100 MB if require. The demo version will help you in exporting 25 items per folder into PST. This tool also recovers your data from deletion or corruption.
- You may get the Outlook Recovery Software here at this URL.
- It is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and previous versions of Windows. So install it.
- Use an Outlook recovery application to import a PST file or a folder.
- You may see the contents of your whole Outlook mailbox on the software panel.
- Make a copy of a Microsoft Outlook PST file after recovering data from it.
In this post, I’ll show you how to stop Outlook from synchronizing folders with your PC. The entire manual process will help you, and you will be able to disable the Outlook folder synchronization feature.