Kashmir is referred to as heaven on earth. Once you’ve been there, you’ll know precisely why it is given this name. It is famous for its pashmina shawls as well as the cuisine it offers along with the breathtaking landscapes. Kashmir has some historic sites as well as a number of beautiful spots that you can be able to enjoy. It is recommended to arrange your trip at least for 7 days to have time to visit all of the popular places.
The best timing to go to Kashmir
The ideal time to go to Kashmir is in March which marks the beginning of spring, and lasts until august, which is the time of summer. The summers last from March to May however it’s not too hot in this period since the temperature does not exceed 30 degrees.
It’s not hot, but it’s nevertheless warm. In summer, you will see lots of flowering flowers in the garden. The renowned Amarnath Yatra is held in the summer months and attracts many pilgrims. From June through September, the monsoon season begins.
There are many places that do not get enough rain, therefore the weather can be unpredictable in the winter, however it’s generally warmer than the summer. It’s not the ideal time to visit since you may not be able to go to locations due to the rain. The winters are among the coldest because the coldest temperatures drop to minus degrees and do not exceed 15 degrees.
If you’re looking to take pleasure in the snow and all its snow-related activities, this is the ideal time. The weather is likely to be cold, but the activities in the snow are thrilling in Gulmarg. It is suggested to bring plenty of warm clothing as it is extremely cold during winter. The best time to visit is summer, however if you are a lover of snow and would like to see snow fall, then go in winter.
How do I reach you How to reach
It is possible to reach Kashmir via train, flight or even roads.
If you are planning to travel via a plane, you will need to arrive at Srinagar airport. Srinagar airport. Srinagar airport is well connected to various states. It is easy take a flight to Srinagar however, when you plan to travel during the peak time of the year. Make your flight reservations as soon as possible.Traveling to Kashmir via air is the most popular and most convenient alternative.
There is also the option of taking trains, but you’ll need to arrive at the Jammu railway station. It’s quite a distance and can be a long and tiring trip.
If you’re planning to travel via road, the best option is to go from Delhi. It’s also a strenuous travel, but if you’re at ease, then you should consider roads. There are buses you can ride to Srinagar.
Where to stay
It is possible to plan a stay on houseboats or booking an accommodation. The houseboat experience is an unforgettable experience. If you’re in search of cheap hotels, you’ll find a wide range of choices. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in Kashmir.
Things to do –
The list of destinations is long in terms of destinations to go to. The most popular places are Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Patnitop and a lot more.
- Srinagar is home to the famous Shikara boat ride along the Dal lake, as well as historic sites like the Mughal Garden as well as Nishat Bagh.
- The next place that is most popular is Gulmarg. It is worth a visit to Gulmarg during winter, since it is known for its snow sports such as snowboarding, skiing, etc. Gulmarg has its very well-known Gondola ride, which offers the most stunning views and has a 360-degree view from the Gondola. Skiing is extremely popular in Gulmarg even if you aren’t sure how to try it, you should probably take a trip.
- Sonamarg has many hiking trails, so the ideal time to visit is in the summer months where you can view the beautiful blooming flowers.
- Leh is famous for its mountain bike riding and hiking. The 3 idiots film shots were shot in Leh which is why it’s well-known.
- Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the famous temples of goddess Durga. To get to the top of the temple , you can ride a horse or hike to the top. If you wish to get there quickly, you must use the helicopter.
There are many well-known places in Kashmir to explore.
Local travel –
For travel within and around Kashmir you can hire your own vehicle , however in the event that you do not, then you take local transportation. There are many taxis and auto rickshaws are available that you can use to travel local. Mini buses operate on fixed routes, but this is a different method of transportation that you could select.
This is all you require to know when planning for your trip to Kashmir.