Having a Netgear extender gives you access to the Netgear Genie setup page. However, for that, you need to go through a login process. Hence, it might be a little intimidating for many users. If you are one of them, worry not. Just go through the points mentioned below and get answers to your queries.
With the acquired knowledge, accessing the Netgear Genie setup page is a cakewalk. After accessing it, check out some of the additional features. Keep reading to know more about it.
Steps to Access Netgear Genie Setup
- The whole process begins with setting up your Netgear extender.
- Make sure it gets a proper, stable, and consistent power supply.
- Moreover, the power cable connected to a power outlet should be in perfect condition.
- Apart from that, the switchboard should not be loose or short-circuited.
- After plugging in the Netgear extender, press the power button on the extender.
- You can choose the location for extender placement before or after turning the device on. It depends on the availability of power sockets in your house.
- Turn on your computer by plugging it into the wall socket.
- Make sure the extender is connected to the router.
- Moreover, the router should have a strong connection with the modem.
- In the case of a router-extender connection, it can be a wireless or wired connection.
- However, for a strong & stable connection, you should use the Ethernet cable that you get with the Netgear extender.
- Once all the things are in place, you should open a web browser on your computer.
- However, make sure you don’t use an outdated web browser.
- Rather, you should only have the latest version of the chosen web browser installed on your computer.
- Clear the cache and cookies from the web browser for easier functioning.
- Enter mywifiext in the address bar of the web browser.
- While entering the web address, make sure you don’t commit any mistakes.
- Keep Caps Lock keys turned off.
- Apart from that, there must not be any grammatical errors while typing in the web address.
- Hit Enter key once you enter the web address.
- That leads you to the Netgear Login page.
- Keep your login credentials at your disposal.
- Type in your username and password when the Login page opens.
- However, if it is your first time, you should enter your default login credentials in the allocated places.
- Tap Log In button once you are done entering the login details.
- That’s it! You are directed to the Netgear Genie setup page.
This is further known as the extender dashboard. It has numerous functions to make your extender work better. For that, let’s go through the below-mentioned points.
Netgear Genie Setup Features
Check Internet Speed
Most users are unaware of their internet speed. They keep on blaming the router/modem/extender. Before that, you need to check if you are getting the required internet speed from the backend. That is what the Netgear Genie setup page comes in handy for.
Locate Connected Device
One of the major reasons for issues in the extender network is that people don’t know how many devices are connected. In that case, your internet network will get loads of traffic. Hence, accessing the Netgear Genie setup wizard gives you access to look at and disconnect unwanted devices connected to the extender network.
Update Extender Firmware
The extender firmware is crucial for its efficient working. Hence, keeping it up to date is possible only when you have the access to the Netgear Genie setup wizard. You can check whether there is an update available or not. Hence, you can always fix bugs, errors, or technical glitches with the firmware update.
These are not just the only features of the Netgear Genie setup wizard. You will explore new features once you log in and access the web portal.
In a Nutshell
You can change all the settings of your Netgear extender once you have the access to the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Therefore, make sure you modify all the settings with extreme care. With that, all the extender issues come to a halt and you enjoy a strong internet connection after connecting to the Netgear_ext. So, follow all the instructions carefully for seamless extender functionality.