No matter how good a technology is, it can be made better. For example, take EMR systems. There are multiple EMR software that you could use for your practice to keep records of patients and manage visitations. But not all of them are the same. For this reason, we have decided to pit two of the most popular EMR software available in the market today against one another with an unbiased review.
We will be comparing Amazing Charts EMR system with health care IT company Athenahealth’s Athena EMR system. While both have their own set of pros and cons, we will be taking an in-depth look at which one of them would be a better fit for your practice based on your requirements.
Amazing Charts EHR is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) solution targeted towards small practices. Amazing Charts EHR can be used by private practices, community health centers and hospitals.
With the help of Amazing Charts EHR, users can manage their clinical and financial management on one platform. It also offers a patient portal through which patients can access their health information via the internet or mobile devices. The solution enables users to schedule appointments, send email reminders and generate customized letters for patients.
Additionally, the solution provides support for transcription services that enable users to upload patient records from voice files in their cloud-based solution. The application also helps clinicians to create individualized plans for care based on guidelines provided by reputable organizations such as the American Diabetes Association and American Heart Association.
Athena EHR is a full-featured electronic health record (EHR) that offers all the tools you need to run a successful medical practice. Like all of our best medical software providers, athenahealth offers extensive patient charting, scheduling, telehealth, and e-prescribing tools alongside front-office billing features. Where it stands out is in its consultation-based approach to practice management and reporting. With virtually unlimited filters on its reports and key performance indicator (KPI) comparisons to similar practices in athenahealth’s massive network, athenahealth is our best pick for reporting.
With AthenaOne, you can generate customizable weekly and monthly reports with seemingly limitless filters. These reports yield data-driven insights you can use to reshape your operations. Plus, AthenaOne will regularly compare your reports’ KPIs to those of the other 150,000 practices in the AthenaNet network.
AthenaHealth EMR Software Pricing. AthenaHealth’s EHR software license starts at $140 per provider, per month. This means that the practice of 5 physicians would pay $700 per month, minimum ($8400 annually). If you want to save money on your licensing fees, you can choose a discounted subscription rate that gives you some flexibility in the number of providers who use the system and how often they use it (e.g., one doctor uses it during weekdays but another only uses it on weekends).
Regardless of which plan you choose, AthenaHealth requires annual contract renewals so that they can make sure their customers are getting adequate support from their team as well as continued access to upgrades and new features in their software platform—you won’t be stuck with an outdated version just because your contract is up!
Amazing Charts EHR costs $39 per user, per month with a minimum of five users.
Amazing Charts EHR offers the following solutions:
- EMR/EHR (electronic health record) software
- Practice management system
Amazing Charts EHR
- The entire program can be operated with a single mouse click, keyboard command, or keystroke. Thanks to the Customizable Shortcut Bar at the top of each screen.
- A user-friendly layout that allows you to easily click between different components of your EHR and make use of its features. For example, while reviewing a lab report, you can make schedules for follow-up appointments or add patient notes with one simple click.
- Built-in templates that help you customize your note templates and stay compliant with CPT codes.
- User forums where you can ask questions and get answers from other users who have used Amazing Charts EHR before.
- Appointment Management – Schedule appointments online or in-person with a single click.
- Billing Management – Create professional invoices right from your desktop or mobile device.
- Clinical Workflow – Track medication history, allergies, and immunizations as well as progress notes during visits.
- Document Management – Store patient information securely in one place and share them with colleagues when needed.
- Lab Integration – Send lab results from over 150 labs directly into the system without having to upload them separately! No more paper copies!
- Medical Templates – Create templates for common problems which can then be used by staff members who don’t have access to the system yet.
At Software Advice, 23 reviews of Amazing Charts EHR mention the EHR software’s customization and ease of use. However, slow loading times and data entry errors are some potential drawbacks to consider.
On Capterra, Amazing Charts EHR has poor ratings in several areas: customer service, value for money, quality of support, and overall satisfaction.
Athena’s easy-to-use interface makes it easy for physicians and their staff to quickly learn how to use the software. All users can access training videos and other resources on the company’s website as well as phone support from Athena’s customer service team.
Athena EMR also allows users to add pictures, document notes, and create charts using drop-down menus and checkboxes. There are also pre-made templates that allow users to create new records quickly without having to start from scratch.
So at the end of the day, is Amazing Charts a better EMR than Athena Health? The short answer: it depends on why you chose a practice management system in the first place. If you’re looking for an EHR to make your life easier, or if you’re just starting out as a physician and need something simple to get stuff done, then you should stick with Athena Health. Athena offers excellent customer support, is cheap to set up and use, and comes with plenty of add-ons to get your practice off on the right foot.
On the other hand, if you’re planning on using a basic EMR to do more complex things like electronic prescribing or patient portals, then Amazing Charts is probably the way to go. It’s got more powerful features than Athena Health and costs less than half as much. But ultimately, both options are good ones—and odds are that regardless of which product you chose, your patients will be pleased with the quality of care they receive from your chiropractic practice.