We’ll go over why PST to Thunderbird is important and how to manually import PST to MBOX in this post. We’ll also learn how to convert PST to MBOX in the most efficient method possible. This tutorial will be useful if you have a corrupted PST file and wish to import the recovered data into Thunderbird.
Why should I use Thunderbird instead of PST?
Both Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird have widely used email programs. These email programs are used by both individuals and businesses to send, receive, and manage email. However, there are numerous reasons for this, including a job change, data migration, and so on. When users need to convert PST files to a Thunderbird-compatible format. In order for the user to have access to his data in Thunderbird.
How do I Load my PST Files into Thunderbird?
Manual methods or third-party PST to Thunderbird converter programs can be used to import PST to Thunderbird. Both solutions will be discussed in this article. We’ll also learn how to fix PST files and convert them to the MBOX format, which is supported by Thunderbird. You can select any of these options based on your preferences.
Method 1: Use the Default Program Option to Import PST Files into Thunderbird.
This approach can be used to import Outlook to Thunderbird if you have MS Outlook and Thunderbird installed on the same system.
- Select the Default Program option from the Settings menu.
- Select Outlook (Desktop) from the Choose an app option after clicking on Email.
- Start Thunderbird and select the Hamburger icon from the menu bar.
- Select Tools and then Import from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select Import Everything or Mail, depending on your needs, and then click the Next button.
- Select Outlook from the File Type drop-down menu and click the Next button.
- To finish the process, click the Finish button.
- It’s an easy and free way to import PST files into Thunderbird. However, this solution does not work in all versions.
Method 2: Using Google Takeout, Migrate PST to Thunderbird.
We’ll set up Gmail in Outlook and then move emails from Outlook to Gmail using this way. We’ll then use Google Takeout to order food. This procedure has been broken down into six steps. To do this procedure, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: From Gmail, Enable the IMAP protocol.
- Sign in to your Gmail account, then click the Settings symbol and choose Settings.
- Go to the POP/IMAP and Forwarding tab.
- Click the Save Changes button after enabling IMAP.
Step 2: Allow apps that aren’t as safe.
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and sign in.
- Select Less secure app access from the left sidebar’s Security section.
- Enable the option for less secure app access.
Step 3: In Outlook, set up Gmail.
- Open MS Outlook and select File from the File menu.
- Select Account Settings from the Account Settings drop-down menu.
- Now, select New from the drop-down menu under E-mail.
- Click the Next button after entering your name, Gmail address, and password, and retyping your password.
- After you’ve completed the verification process, click the Finish button.
Step 4: Transfer Outlook Emails to Gmail
- In Outlook, right-click on the Gmail inbox you want to use.
- Choose the New Folder option and give it a name.
- Now, choose which Outlook emails you wish to import and drag them to the folder you made earlier.
- If you go to Gmail and refresh the page, you’ll notice that your emails have been migrated to your Gmail accounts.
Step 5: Using Google Takeout, Export Emails from Gmail.
- Sign in to your Gmail account, then open Google Takeout (https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout) in a new browser tab.
- Select Deselect all from the Create a new export menu.
- Select Gmail and proceed to the next step.
- Choose Export once as a frequency in the Choose file type, frequency, and destination section.
- Choose the.zip file type and the file size split option that best suits your needs.
- Select the Create export option from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll get an email when your data is ready to export.
- To begin downloading the exported data, click the download link in the email you received.
Step 6: Open Thunderbird and Import the MBOX File.
- Unzip the downloaded folder.
- Start Thunderbird, then go to the hamburger menu and select Add-ons.
- Click the Add to Thunderbird button when you find ImportExportTools NG.
- When a popup window appears, click the Add button and restart Thunderbird.
- Right-click the Local Folder and choose New Folder from the menu.
- Click the Create Folder button after entering a name for the folder.
- Select ImportExportTools NG from the context menu of the folder you just created.
- Choose Import MBOX file from the drop-down menu, then Import directly one or more MBOX files and click OK.
- Select MBOX File from the Unzip Folder and click the Open Button.
- When the procedure is finished, click the Finish button.
You can import PST files into Thunderbird for free using these methods. These approaches, on the other hand, take a long time to complete and necessitate technical competence. You can utilize a third-party PST File Converter if you need a quick answer.
Method 3: Use PST Converter to convert PST to Thunderbird.
in conclusion, the PST File Converter will be used in this case. It is one of the most widely used programs. It also functions as a PST to Thunderbird converter. You may convert PST to MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, and other file types using this program. We’ll use this utility to convert PST files to MBOX files. We can use Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, and other email clients to access the translated data.
- PST File Converter can be downloaded and installed.
- Open the tool and select Add file from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button after selecting the PST file.
- The software will generate preview mode inside the software window after the loading process is completed. You can view any message by selecting it.
- Select the folders you want to convert using the Export option.
- Choose MBOX as an export format and provide a location for the MBOX files to be saved.
- To begin the converting process, click the Export option.
- When the procedure is finished, click the Finish button.
You can swiftly convert PST to Thunderbird with the help of this tool. A free trial version of the software is also available. You can see PST file data and convert and export the first 25 items per folder for free with the free demo edition.
Other Useful Characteristics include:
- PST to MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, HTML, RTF, and other file types can be converted.
- View the contents of all PST files.
- Large PST files are supported.
- Keep the folder arrangement you started with.
- PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange server migration
- The first 25 items from each folder are converted for free from PST to Thunderbird.
- All versions of MS Outlook, including Outlook 2019 and 2016, are supported.
- Windows 10 is compatible with all editions of the operating system.