Why Should You Have Protein Powder After Your Workouts?

Protein is an essential nutrient for the body. It is needed for the growth and repair of muscles and tissues. Proteins are amino acids. The amino acids are the basic building blocks responsible for building the body’s muscles. The body does not produce its protein. Therefore, you have to get it through your diet. You can get proteins from animal sources like:

  • chicken
  • Fish
  • Pork
  • Beef
  • Eggs
  • Milk products
  • Plant sources like soybeans, beans, nuts and seeds

Protein shakes are commonly used before a workout. However, did you know you should also have protein after your workout? There are many reasons why having a protein shake after training is good for you.

Helps in Muscle Recovery

Exercising is a form of stress on the body. During exercise, you are putting pressure on your muscles. The more pressure you put on your muscles, the more damage you do to them. The more damage you cause to your muscles, the harder it is for them to repair and recover.

The workout shakes made from whey protein help in muscle recovery as they contain amino acids responsible for repairing and rebuilding the damaged tissues in our body. Whey protein shake assists in muscle recovery by increasing protein synthesis and reducing muscle breakdown. At the same time, it helps stimulate muscle growth, making it easier for you to build lean mass and lose fat.

Builds Lean Mass

Protein shakes after a workout also helps build lean mass as they increase protein synthesis. When you exercise, you break down your muscles. If you do not replace those broken down tissues with new ones, then as time goes by, you start losing your lean mass, making us look skinny, scrawny, or flabby, depending on how much body fat you have lost.

Protein shakes after workouts also increase glycogen synthesis. Glycogen is the storage form of carbohydrates in the body used for energy production during exercise sessions. Thus, increasing glycogen can make you perform better during workouts because you can exercise longer without getting tired since the body will have enough energy stored to fuel them during training.

An Ideal After Workout Protein Shake

Whey isolate protein powder from Legion Athletics is a protein powder high in protein and low in fats, carbohydrates, and lactose. Whey protein isolate is considered the purest form of whey protein available on the market today. It contains 90% or more pure whey protein. The rest of the remaining 10% is made up of fats, carbohydrates, and lactose which make it perfect for those who are looking to build muscle while losing fat at the same time.

Whey isolate also has no lactose, making it very easy to digest compared to other protein powders, making it perfect for those with lactose intolerance or sensitive stomachs. Whey isolate also does not contain cholesterol making it safe for people who are on diets that are low in cholesterol. It also has no added flavorings making it perfect for those who prefer the natural taste of their shakes as opposed to artificial sweeteners or flavors which can contain chemicals that might be harmful to our bodies over time.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button